PRP – Hair Loss for Scalp
1. Safe for all hair loss and thinning concerns
2. Stimulates the production of healthy cells in the area
3. Safe treatment with no downtime
Hair loss is generally caused by a lack of cell renewal in the scalp.
We have a number of ways to treat this concern and the correct method for you will be determined once a consultation is carried out. You can use PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma), Mesotherapy with a combination of microneedling to stimulate the area in which we need to work on.
Each of these methods work on stimulating the production of new healthy cells in the area.
It is important to note that multiple treatments are required to achieve optimum results and a follow up in 6 to 12 months is required to continue to promote the growth of the healthy cells and hair follicles.
What can PRP achieve?
- Fuller and healthier natural-looking hair
- Significant increase of hair regrowth
- Production of new healthy cells
- Decreased hair dystrophy and burning or itching sensation
- Can serve as a safe and effective treatment option in Alopecia Areata (AA)
The PRP treatment
PRP is prepared from an extract of your own blood.
- PRP treatment will commonly last between 30 minutes and 60 minutes
- To do this, 30-60 ml of blood is drawn from your arm
- The blood is then placed in a centrifuge. The centrifuge spins and separates the platelets from the rest of the blood components
- 3-6 ml of platelet-rich plasma will then be extracted
- The concentrated and growth factor-concentrated platelets are injected into the scalp via micro injections
After your PRP treatment
There is no downtime for PRP so you can immediately return to your normal daily routine. It is recommended that strenuous activity and alcohol consumption be avoided for 24 hours post-treatment.
The results of PRP can usually be seen between two to three months following the treatment. Depending on your type of hair loss, and the extent of the loss, PRP for hair restoration is
usually recommended as a course of 3 to 6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. Then depending on your individual needs, a maintenance session once a year is usual.
Hair loss, Thinning, Alopecia, hairline reduction
Maximum results with a series of 4–6 treatments.