PRP (Vampire Facials)
1. Safe treatment with clinically proven result
2. Stimulates cells naturally to improve the look and feel of skin
3. Minimal downtime
The Vampire facial, otherwise known as a PRP (platelet-rich plasma) Therapy Treatment, is the latest in anti-ageing and hair loss solutions.
Unlike other aesthetic treatments, it focuses on a more natural approach, using your own blood component to rejuvenate your skin and help reverse the signs of ageing. A celebrity must, this treatment is raved about from all that experience it.
You are able to treat areas such as dark circles, smile lines, neck, hair, hands, stretch marks and decolletage. By isolating cells and regenerative factors from your blood and placing them deep into your skin this treatment: improves skin colour, tightens the skin, improves fine lines, softens rough texture and improves the appearances of pigmented areas/scars.
The PRP (Vampire Facial) treatment explained
First we take a sample of blood, just like a blood test.. We concentrate the Platelet-Rich Plasma component, which is the part of your blood that heals/regenerates tissue. We then use a combination of microneedling and mesotherapy to inject the platelets back into the deeper layers of your skin.
The effects of the microneedling are enhanced by the serum that enters the pores. Here, it works to rejuvenate the layer of collagen and elastin to give you younger looking skin.
After microneedling, your skin will look a bit bloody and there will be some amount of redness. You can also expect to feel tingling, numbness. To help you with the slight discomfort, the aesthetician will apply ice packs to the area.
Benefits of Vampire Facial (PRP)
- It’s 100% Natural
- Helps with acne scarring
- Safe, with minimal risk
- Increase facial volume
- Short recovery time
- Say goodbye to wrinkles and fine lines
- Help rejuvenate tired eyes
- Lasting effects
Once you’re ready to go home, your Aesthetician will explain the aftercare for the Vampire Facial so you get the best results from the treatment.
- Do not touch your skin for at least 6 hours. Allow the serum to remain on your skin so it can continue to work.
- You can rinse your face the next morning with lukewarm water, but avoid using any cleansers that can cause harm. Wash your hands with soap before touching the skin.
- Gently pat dry taking special care not to rub the skin. Your skin may feel firmer than usual but over the next few days up to 2 weeks, it will soften and regain a supple, smooth feel.
- While the discomfort should settle within 24 hours, if you continue to feel pain, do not take anti-inflammatory or any other medications without checking with the doctor.
- Use an ice pack to calm the area if required, but place a thin cloth between the pack and your skin. Avoid direct contact and time the applications at 5-minute intervals.
- As part of the aftercare for Vampire Facials, do not use any exfoliating or any other harsh agents on your skin for at least 72 hours. But, you can use a non-chemical, moisturiser that is gentle. If your aesthetician recommends it, you can use hyaluronic acid to moisturise and nourish your skin.
All skin types:
Fine lines, wrinkles, acne scarring, pigmentation, dull skin.
4-6 weeks. For best results, a course of 4 treatments are recommended, 4-6 weeks apart.